Thursday, July 12, 2012

Social Work Android App



I've been working with some folks at the University at Buffalo School of Social Work to develop a feed reader that's tailored to the needs of social work professionals.  The app itself is built using a nice Android library called FeedGoal, and with a little tweaking we're adding channels that the school will manage to relate to various activities within the school and the disciplines.  Still a work in progress, but the app is up on Google Play for testing.

I'm also working on my todo list of bug fixes and enhancements for TinyG for Android.  In particular, I'd like to do a couple of behind the scenes things to make it more robust in the face of various status changes by moving the persistent objects into their own fragment.  I don't know if that's going to work, but we'll see.  I'm also planning to make it preserve the download filename between screen changes and app restarts, integrating a simplified file browser instead of using the openintents model, improving the throughput of the downloads, and a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment